Thursday, January 8, 2015

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Day 8 - I knew today would be another busy day, but I insisted on attempting at least a small, simple painting in order to continue my journey of 30 Paintings in 30 Days. Part of the purpose of doing this challenge is to help me focus on my art, set regular hours, and be consistent in painting every day. As I was racing to complete this one, I realized that I had regressed to my "old" habits, and wasn't working loosely. I did, however paint this using only 3 colors and white (Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, and Ultramarine Blue). Sometimes I even surprise myself. At the end of the day, I scraped it. I was actually hoping that by scraping it, I might achieve a looseness that could be perceived as having been done on purpose, but I don't think it worked. It's a learning process. I'm posting both here to show you what I did. Thank you for following!




No comments: