Thursday, January 1, 2015

Out with the Old, In with the New

Happy New Year! I'm starting it off in grand fashion by challenging myself to participate in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days. My personal goal in this challenge is to loosen up my style of painting by working more spontaneously, while limiting the color pallette that I use. I hope you'll follow my progress! It's a little nerve-wracking to be honest. I have some larger paintings in the works that I may also post as I complete them. Today I am Number 267 of about 1,000 artists who signed up to join this challenge. I'll be posting daily and will try to let you know where to find my work in this massive undertaking. Leslie, if you're reading, I salute you! Here is a link to Leslie's blog:  http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/. Here is my painting of the day:


 Snowy Day on the Farm
8" x 16"
Original Oil painting by Kathleen Eaton
Available
Contact the artist at kathleen@kathleeneatonart.com

Now for the rest of the BIG NEWS! I have decided that it's time to reduce my inventory of unsold paintings. My style is constantly evolving, and I want to offer an opportunity to my followers to obtain my work before I burn it. (Yes, this is truly a FIRE SALE.) Please click the link below to view the paintings I am offering at auction on Ebay.


Thank you for your support! I wish you and yours a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!

2 comments:

Teresa Cowley said...

Hey, Gal! Best to you on the 30 day challenge... that's a big commitment!!! I'm looking forward much to seeing what you do. :)

Kathleen Eaton said...

Hi Teresa! Thank you! It's a huge commitment. I've been really nervous about it. I think it's a great way to focus on my work and try to reach a goal, so I'll do my best! Wishing you and yours all the best in the coming year!