Monday, January 12, 2015

Staying Loose

Day 12 - I didn't post yesterday because I needed to prepare two large canvasses for work that must be done. I did paint, just not a finished painting. When I paint large, I work in layers, and sometimes the layers need to dry a bit before I can do the next step. I'm doing another "field of flowers" painting and a new experimental piece that may take a little time. I hope you're not too disappointed that I didn't do a "painting a day" but I have to make a living too! The canvas sizes are 20" x 48" and 24" x 36." I will post these paintings when they are done.

This painting was, however, fast and loose. I'm working hard to let go of my need to make every line perfect. After all, if my clients wanted a photograph, they would get a photograph. The paint on this is thick! I'm still working in only 4 colors plus white. It was a fun one to paint.

Botanical Garden Woods
14 x 11
Available
kathleen@kathleeneatonart.com

No comments: