Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hooray for Spring!


Painting season is officially here! This painting was done last Friday at the Woodland Dunes Nature Center near Two Rivers, WI. I've been painting outdoors all year, but I don't enjoy it as much as I do when the weather is a bit warmer and the sun higher in the sky. Next week is my first painting competition of the year. I'll be participating in the First Brush of Spring in southern Indiana. Many of these competitions have multiple opportunities for artists to show what they can do. This one hosts a two-day paint-out, where artists paint within a given perimeter and then turn in one of their works for judging. There is also a Quick Paint on Thursday evening from 5:30-6:45 -- If I want to participate, I need to get a painting done in that time slot and turn it in for judging. And then there's a Saturday morning art show. And, if I want to, I can have one of my paintings stamped, and then take it home to finish and bring it back next year for the Field to Finish competition on Wednesday evening. It's going to be a busy week!

No comments: