Monday, December 30, 2013

With Heartfelt Thanks

I am so blessed to have a loving and supportive group of friends and family whose encouragement helps me to continue to improve my artistic gifts. As I look back over the years of posts that I have not yet deleted, I do believe that I've shown a positive direction in my work. Thank you to all the people who have helped me to grow as an artist! I have fought with and cried over many of these works, but every one of them was completed with love.

There are many paintings that I haven't shared. Some of them are so personal that I wouldn't share them without permission. I was recently given permission to share this one. Ashley lost her life to suicide, but she continues to touch lives and hearts. The loving memories that her family and friends share can soften the pain of this great loss, but will never replace her. I cried for her family when I painted this. No parent should lose a child, yet I know a number of people who have. God Bless You!

My prayers are with you. I wish you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!




2 comments:

Fran said...

Kay
This painting touches me so every time I see it. Such a lovely girl. What an amazing gift you were able to give to John and Angela. God guided your hands.

Teresa Cowley said...

What a beautiful portrait you did of her! I don't know her, but I feel her personality and I'm sure her parents are very grateful for what you did! ...and the story about her... may God's peace envelop the family and bring them the comfort only He can give!

Thank you for sharing her portrait and part of your artistic journey with us!

Privileged to know you... may you have a blessed 2014!

Teresa