Monday, March 25, 2013

Let There Be Light

My studio is getting a bit cramped these days. I've been working on a number of large paintings, one of which is an 8-1/2 foot wide commission. Other paintings include a variety of fields of flowers for my upcoming exhibit at the University of Michigan Health Systems in Ann Arbor, MI. For that exhibit I need to fill a wall that is approximately 35 feet wide. The largest of the paintings that I will display there (so far) is one that is 5 ft x 3 ft. So... I apologize for not posting here lately, but I've been busy! And that doesn't include recovery from a year-long battle with an infected tooth that has finally met its doom. After two root canals and 12 weeks (on and off) of antibiotics, it's gone! And I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. My friend, Pam, recently posted a saying: "It's impossible," said pride. "It's risky," said experience. "It's pointless," said reason. "Give it a try," whispered the heart. My heart's whisper is getting louder. Look out, world!


In between larger works, I need to keep in practice with other projects, such as meeting deadlines and achieving goals for other commissions and exhibits. This "little" painting is 14 x 18. It reminds me of a warm summer's day. I call it "The Clearing." I hope it makes you smile!


I'll be teaching a one-day workshop at the Neville Public Museum in Green Bay, WI, on Saturday, April 27. This workshop will focus on painting oil portraits from a photograph. Almost all supplies will be provided. Call the museum for more information at 920-448-4460. Please join me!

And July 22-24 I'll be teaching a 3-day workshop at the Peninsula School of Art in Door County, WI. Now is the time to make your plans to attend! Call the Peninsula School of Art at 920-868-3455 for more information.


No comments: