Saturday, March 10, 2012

True to Myself


I woke up this morning with many thoughts about "being an artist." It's not an easy path, in spite of the stereotypes of what an artist's life is like. I know I've wanted to "be an artist" for as long as I can remember, but the logical side of my brain always took over while I was raising children. Now that my children are grown, I have the opportunity to focus on developing this craft. But there are many days when I want to just give up. The frustrations are many, but so are the rewards. I often fight the internal battle to stay true to myself, and to continue to develop the gifts I've been blessed with. I don't claim to be a great artist, but I'm working every day toward that goal. Thank you for your support.

Sing a New Song
15" x 30"

No comments: