Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Milwaukee Domes Art Festival




Here are a few images from my experience at the Milwaukee Domes Art Festival this past weekend. Many thanks to Mary for visiting me there, and for taking some photos! It was a wonderful festival -- very well organized with lots of entertainment, food, and fantastic art! I was honored to be a part of it. The first painting I completed in the plein air competition was titled "Among Friends." It was created from the rear parking entrance, looking toward the domes. There are three domes in this beautiful botanical park. One houses desert plants, one is tropical, and one is called the "show dome" with seasonal changes. I attempted a second entry that would be more in my own style of portrait/figurative work, which was a painting I called "The Guardian." This young man is a regular volunteer at the Domes. He is quite an impressive individual, with solid plans for his future. I was inspired!

No comments: