Friday, July 30, 2010

Art on the Rocks


Summer is in full swing! This weekend I'll be displaying my work at Art on the Rocks in Marquette, Michigan. It's a beautiful city with lots of old world charm. Located on the shores of Lake Superior, it gets huge snowfalls during the winter. In fact, they get so much snow that many of the older homes were built with exits on the second floor, just in case the snow was so deep that they couldn't get out. The landscape in the community consists of large hills and rocks, which always makes me wonder how they get around during the winter months. The people there have a joy for life that is inspiring! There are so many beautiful things to see in Marquette. I'm very excited about participating in Art on the Rocks and hope the weather cooperates. Look for me practicing my plein air painting techniques!

No comments: