Monday, December 21, 2009

Preparing for the holidays



It's been a while since I've posted here, not for lack of wanting to, but possibly for lack of focus. I hadn't painted in quite a while and now that Christmas and the New Year are upon us, I'm feeling renewed vigor toward getting back to working on some projects. This is a commission I did recently for a man who wanted an ink drawing from an old photo he provided. He wanted me to add the horse and cart and the old car, to give it more "movement" and eye appeal. I realized a few days into the project that I was feeling out of my element since I've been doing nothing but oil paintings in recent years. So I had to satisfy my curiosity and try it as a black and white painting too (he wanted black and white). I used acrylic paints as he was hoping to have it in time for Christmas. Which do you prefer?

I hope this finds you well. I think of you often, and thank you for following me here. Have a wonderful Christmas! God Bless You!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the top one! Just my opinion!

Kathleen Eaton said...

Thanks Linda! It was a good project for me to stretch my creative muscle a bit. I still prefer painting to pen and ink, but I really should do this more often! - K

Linda Kubitz said...

Linda Swick likes the bottom one, shading is sooo cool!
A new venue is a lil challenge huh?

Kathleen Eaton said...

Thank you, Linda. Yes, it took some getting used to, but I love a challenge!